Are you tired, mummy?
Do this now.
And get into the habit of doing it at the end of every day.
I am very tired after months of working on this project, Dear Mummy, getting it ready to bring to you. So this pose has been a life-saver for me. It’s only natural for it to be the first ‘movement motivation’ I share with you.
Mummying is tiring. So is being a wife, a daughter, a friend, an employee, perhaps an employer, a ‘kindy mum’, a ‘school mum’, a kids sports coach… and any and all the other different roles you take on in your life. Life is full. It’s full on. And guess who tends to come at the end of that list. Yep, you guessed it: YOU. Well mummy, I’m here to remind you that you’re important too. YOU are what my book ‘Dear Mummy, You’re Important Too’ (coming soon) is all about; YOU are who I’m writing for; YOU are whom I want to talk with.
More on Dear Mummy later. For now, here’s that yoga pose you need to do today. Now. It only takes a few minutes, and you’ll feel so good for it, I promise.
This is a restorative yoga pose. It gives your heart a rest so it doesn’t have to pump as hard, and helps to slow down your heart rate, leaving you feeling relaxed with a calmer mind. It also has the added benefit of drawing blood away from your feet so helps them feel less tired.
1. Sit side on to a wall, then swivel onto your back so your buttocks are hard up against the wall
2. Raise your legs so they are straight, feet extended
3. Roll your inner thighs in
4. Roll your shoulders out and place your arms in a stopsign position or wherever they’re comfortable
5. Lightly place the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth (this opens up your airway for an easier, deeper breath), close your eyes and breathe in and out, in and out…
I’ll leave you to it x